Monday, October 19, 2009

Get Happy

On a particularly grumpy day, I thought I'd write a list of five things that make me soaringly happy:

1. A little dance performed by a particularly charming 7-year old in the pumpkin patch at DD Ranch in Terrebonne, Oregon (this is one of the acts Benjamin plans to take on the road).



2. Annie's appreciation of the simple things in life. For her fourth birthday, all she wanted was a chocolate cake. And she would have been fully satisfied if it had been her only gift. She helped make the cake, licked the bowl, and stood by the oven as it baked. When the much-anticipated make-a-wish-and-blow-out-your-candles moment arrived, Annie wished for..."this cake." I love you, Annie.


After her first-ever taste of (honey-sweetened) chocolate cake.

3. Woody Allen (most notably, Annie Hall, Play It Again Sam, and the majority of his old stand-up).

4. This verse: "Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy." James 5:11

5. This exceedingly beautiful (and ultra-enormous) purse my sisters bought me for my birthday (truly, I can fit EVERYTHING in it...and can finally stop carrying my purse-and-cloth-grocery-bag combination).


Thank you, Jessica and Sarah!

2 comments:

  1. bust it, b-man!

    could you fit ME in that purse? it's soooo gorgeous...anthro?

    everyday lately has been an exceedingly grumpy day....maybe i should do this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really, you could fit in the purse. and yes...anthropologie (my sisters love me). i think my grumpiness really was a lingering iron deficiency. my midwife told me to stay on the supplement, but i obviously didn't listen. feeling so much better now (although the purse might also be helping that).

    ReplyDelete